33 Flares 33 Flares ×
Pasta has always been a huge staple in our house and one of our favorites is hands down Chicken Parmigiana Rigatoni. However, since I was diagnosed as diabetic last year, I was no longer able to eat some of my favorite foods. My family, bless their hearts, decided not to eat pasta anymore in order to make me feel better and also get rid of temptation. It did not work and I felt there was no need for all of us to suffer…so I went looking for options that I could enjoy. I soon discovered that I could eat “breaded” chicken, something that is near and dear to me, without any carbs at all. One simple ingredient that I never thought of and ironically could never stand until I discovered how useful it is, pork rinds. Or more specifically, pork rind dust.
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Traditional Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Meat Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce
- Homestyle Thick and Hearty Mushroom Sauce
Chicken Parmigiana Rigatoni
- 4 chicken breast
- 1 jar NEW Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce
- 2 bags pork rinds
- 1 TBSP onion powder
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 TBSP season salt
- 1 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 1 box rigatoni pasta
- mozzarella cheese (use desired amount)
- Grind up pork rinds.
- Add seasoning, mix thoroughly.
- Dip chicken in egg.
- Coat chicken with pork rind dust.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- Cover with sauce and cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes.
- Put under broiler until done.
- Cook up pasta according to directions.
- Cover pasta in remaining sauce.
- Serve chicken on top of pasta.
Visit the RAGU Homestyle page to learn more about our new product, and explore the other delicious flavors. You can also check out their recipe page for tons of inspiration!